Who we are
Our website address is: http://theoxfordshiregardener.co.uk/
The Oxfordshire Gardener is a garden design, garden maintenance and landscaping specialist. You can find our contact information here.
We respect your right to privacy, so below you’ll also find details how you can protect your privacy and remain in control of your data.
1.1 Information that relates directly to you (e.g. your name and address).
1.2 Information that does not directly identify you (e.g. how you might browse our website).
(1) Your IP address through the placement of cookies (see Sections 6 and 7 on cookies and their management, below);
(2) Location data, which might be gained through your IP address or GPS data (see Section 3 (4), below).
2.1 We might use your information to:
(1) Remember you when you visit our website and see how you journey through it by using cookies. We explain what cookies are in Section 6 and how you can manage them in Section 7, below;
(2) Identify your interests. We might then put your information in aggregated form into groupings (known as “segments”) by a particular audience, which means we can serve you advertisements and offers that will interest you within the website, including by reference to data we receive from third parties. Please see Sections 6 and 7 for more information about cookies and how we serve you more targeted messaging;
(3) Make sure the products and services we provide to you are correctly administered;
(4) Contact you to let you know about any of our products, services or promotions (which may in some cases be provided by third parties), including by email, mail, telephone, or SMS text message. We will always act having regard to your preferences. Please see Section 4 to understand more about how you provide and can manage your preferences.
(5) We may also contact you directly via social media in relation to any competitions and/or prize draws you have entered.
(5) Make sure materials on the website are presented in the most effective way for you and your computer or mobile device;
(6) Collect and log numeric internet addresses to improve the website and to monitor website usage;
(7) Assess and understand our readers’ feedback and identify usage hotspots;
2.2 If you have subscribed to any of our services, we will use the information you provide to keep you updated on those services unless you have told us otherwise.
3.1 Information is gathered in the following ways:
(1) indirectly (e.g. using website technology) and
(2) directly (e.g. when you sign up to create a theoxfordshiregardener.co.uk profile or you otherwise provide your information when you interact with us).
(3) through your device (e.g. mobile, PC or tablet) where you have enabled location services for the browser. This may be used for location-targeted services or advertising in accordance with your preferences, which may be adjusted either on your device or via server or website preferences.
4.1 We always seek to explain why and how we might contact you at the point you give your information to us. We may contact you by email, phone, post, social media and sms text.
4.2 We also provide the means for you to grant or withhold your permission for us to contact you. We do this by using opt-in boxes or unsubscribe options. We use these to gain your permission to contact you about our wider range of goods and services (including those provided by our suppliers).
4.3 Sometimes, we need your information to be able to contact you to provide the service you wish to use (e.g. garden maintenance). In those cases, by signing up to the service you give us permission to send you service communications and we will not offer you the chance to opt-out from receiving those messages.
4.4 We might also offer you the opportunity to hear from specific companies and organisations that we might work in association with. We will always name those companies and organisations and provide you with the opportunity to hear from them by means of an opt-in tick box.
4.5 If there are no tick boxes, it’s because we will not use your information for any other purpose than that for which you give it (see Section 3.2).
4.6 When responding to promotions, offers etc. by postcard, if you do not wish for your details to be used by us to send you promotions and offers, please make this clear by stating “No Offers”.
5.1 You can update your details and marketing preferences by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at Data Protection, The Oxfordshire Gardener, The Garden Barn (Building C), Kirtlington Business Centre, Kirtlington. OX5 3JA
5.2 You have the right to access the personal information held about you. To obtain a copy of that personal information, please send an email to email@example.com. You will have to provide proof of identification.
6.2 We use the following types of cookie:
(1) Analytics cookies that anonymously remember your computer or mobile device when you visit our website. They keep track of browsing patterns and help us to build up a profile of how our audience use the website. We might use that information to serve advertisements that might be of particular interest to you on our and other websites (see Section 7.5)
(2) Third party advertising and analytics cookies, which are placed by or on behalf of independent advertisers who are advertising on our site. These cookies may be placed within the advertisement and elsewhere on our site. They are anonymous – they cannot identify individuals. They are used for statistical analysis by allowing the advertiser to count how many people have seen their advertisement or have seen it more than once. They might also allow the advertiser to tailor advertising to you when you visit other websites.
6.3 We have no access to third party cookies and third party organisations have no access to ours. The third party organisations that place cookies have their own strict privacy policies.
7.1 Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies. To do this look at the “help” menu on your browser. Switching off cookies may restrict your use of the website and/or delay or affect the way in which it operates.